Thick cream cheese frosting for layer cakes and piping
This is the best cream cheese frosting for layer cakes and piping with less icing sugar than most!
Servings 60 tablespoons
- 173 grams (¾ cup) unsalted butter room temperature
- 218 grams (¾ cup) icing sugar sifted
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Philadelphia cream cheese (full fat, regular) 2 blocks
- 5 mL pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste (both are optional)
Cream together the butter and the icing sugar first until they are fluffy and creamy. When these two ingredients are well mixed, then you can add the cream cheese, all at once. Beat for several minutes until you have a thick, smooth frosting.
Feel free to add vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste at this point to add a little flavour!
- Please use Philadelphia brand cream cheese because it's the best! The taste and texture of the frosting won't be as good with other brands.
- Calories calculated based on one tablespoon
Calories: 63kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 27mg | Potassium: 12mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 184IU | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg