Eggless pumpkin bread
Here's a recipe for how to make healthier pumpkin bread. It's eggless, dairy-free, and vegan, and is also made with less sugar than other recipes!
- 375 mL (1½ cups) pumpkin purée or strained homemade pumpkin purée
- 60 mL (¼ cups) canola oil or melted butter
- 150 g (¾ cup) granulated sugar or brown sugar or a mixture of both
- 250 g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 5 mL (1 tsp) baking soda
- 5 mL (1 tsp) Diamond Crystal fine kosher salt
- 5 mL (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) ground allspice
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) ground nutmeg
Preheat the oven to 350 ºF. Grease and flour a loaf cake pan, then line the bottom with a rectangle of parchment.
In a large bowl, combine the canned pumpkin with the sugar. Whisk in the oil.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour with the baking soda, salt, and spices.
Fold the dry ingredients in the bowl with the wet batter and stir everything together to incorporate it and form a thick batter. Don't overmix.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for approximately 60–65 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean.
Let cool 10 minutes, then unmold onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 417mg | Potassium: 130mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 7295IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 2mg