What data we collect
You may voluntarily submit information that we collect:
The data you submit in this case is "personal data":
- when you comment on the website, you provide your name, an email address, and a website (if you have one), of which only your name and website are displayed on the site to the public.
- when you subscribe to the newsletter, you provide your first name and an email address, and you may opt-in to receive certain special editions of the newsletter. You may also opt-out or adjust your email preferences at any time using the link provided at the bottom of every single email. You can also contact [email protected] to have your name and email address manually removed from the list at any time.
- when you fill out the boxes of the contact form, you submit your name and email address.
Certain pieces of information are automatically collected when you visit the website:
We use Google Analytics to collect some data to give us a better picture of the visitors of this site. The data that may be collected is "log data" and includes:
- your IP address
- your operating system and browser
- the date and time you visited
- the referring websites that sent you here
- the pages you viewed
- links you may have clicked while visiting this website
Why we collect data:
The data that we may collect has the following purposes besides those you consented to (by subscribing to the mailing list for example):
- to get a general idea of where in the world interested readers are
- to better understand things like how many readers browse on mobile devices
- to learn what time of day, day of week, or month readers are visiting the website
- to understand the path readers take to get to this website
- to see which pages and blog posts are most interesting to you, the readers so that we can create more content you want to read
- to target your preferences and deliver advertisements that may suit your needs
- to better communicate with you via email and answer your questions or concerns
- to register you to the email list for this website so that you can receive emails of news, updates, promotions, and giveaways
- to notify you, to update you, and to communicate with you about what has changed on the website
How we may collect your data
The following services are used to run this website and may collect your data
- Google Analytics—consult Google Analytics Terms for more information: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html
- Facebook—consult Facebook's Data Policy for more information: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- Amazon Affiliates—consult the Amazon Affiliate Program Policies for more information: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/help/policies
- BigScoots—for further information, consult BigScoots privacy policies: https://www.bigscoots.com/about-us/privacy-policy
- WP Recipe Maker
Where applicable, the third parties may serve content and advertisements, collect information directly from you, and place or recognize cookies on you browsers. These cookies may store your preferences, record user specific information on pages you visit, adjust the way ads or content is displayed according to your location and preferences.
Third-party use of personal information
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information. This website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
Please note that we will never sell, distribute, or reveal your personal information or your email address without your consent. We may retain certain information as required by the law.
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The "help" feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about how to opt out of interest-based advertising in desktop and mobile browsers on a particular device, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#. You may download the AppChoices app at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors:
Recipe plugin: WP Recipe Maker
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- Comments: When comment ratings are enabled we store the rating a user has given to a recipe along with the personal data WordPress core stores.
- Cookies: When user ratings are enabled we store a WPRM_User_Voted_%recipe% cookie (with %recipe% the ID of the recipe) that contains the rating this user has given to a particular recipe. This cookie is used as (one of the) measures to prevent rating spam.
- IP Address: When user ratings are enabled we store the IP address upon voting. This is used as (one of the) measures to prevent rating spam.
How long we retain your data
Our cookies are stored for 30 days. User submitted data is stored indefinitely in the local database.
Really Simple SSL and Really Simple SSL add-ons
We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter's IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, Amazon.fr, and Amazon.co.uk. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.