This lemon mousse is gluten-free and made from a very easy recipe from whipped cream and lemon curd. You can serve it as is, or with some cookies, or even a graham cracker crumble and some berries.
Lemon mousse is an easy gluten-free dessert that is light and fluffy. The method is simple to throw together: equal parts lemon curd and whipped cream (whipped to medium soft peaks) are folded together, spooned into serving cups, and refrigerated overnight to set. Personally, I like to serve it with fresh berries (whatever I can find) and crumbled graham cracker crust. It's easy and it's yummy.
Sometimes you may opt to stabilize mousse with gelatin (like with this pumpkin mousse), but in this case, I don't think it's necessary. If you want to store it for longer than a day though, you may want to add gelatin to stabilize it and avoid any water separating out.
You can serve this lemon mousse with homemade graham crackers or gluten-free cookies if you want to keep the dessert gluten-free. You can also bake a graham cracker crust (without any filling) to then crumble on top of the jars of mousse for a cute dessert.
Graham cracker crumble
- 65 grams graham cracker crumbs
- 15 grams granulated sugar
- 35 grams unsalted butter melted
- 250 mL whipping cream (35 % fat) cold
- 250 mL lemon curd preferably homemade
- 170 grams fresh raspberries for garnishing
For the crumble
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Serve with crumbled graham cracker crust and fresh raspberries.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs with the granulated sugar.
- Add the melted butter and stir til the crumbs are evenly coated and clump nicely when squeezed together.
- Transfer crumbs to the baking sheet in a mound, pressing and spreading it out evenly (don’t worry if it doesn’t reach the edge). You are making a giant flat cookie here basically..
- Bake for 10 minutes, and let cool before crumbling over the lemon mousse.
For the lemon mousse
- In a medium bowl, whip the cream to medium soft peaks.
- A a dollop or two of the whipped cream and add it to a small bowl containing the lemon curd. Stir to mix well and lighten the curd.
- Add the lightened curd to the bowl of whipped cream and fold it in.
- Transfer the lemon mousse to serving dishes and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with raspberries and graham cracker crumble