These cookies (adapted from Cook's Country) are buttery with a delightfully crisp texture and a little chew courtesy of the shredded coconut. Hershey's CHIPITS mini chocolate chips, Skor toffee bits, and coconut are a winning combination in my books. And, let me tell you, the cookie dough is divine and completely addictive. So, if you don't feel like baking these, I suggest making some cookie dough truffles to give as gifts. Your friends and family will love you for it!
Of course, there are other festive Christmas cookies you can make. My faves include:
Toffee chocolate coconut cookies
- 173 grams (¾ cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 50 grams (¼ cup) granulated sugar
- 50 grams (¼ cup) light brown sugar
- 10 mL (2 teaspoon) pure vanilla extract
- 219 grams (1¾ cups) bleached all-purpose flour
- 1.25 mL (¼ teaspoon) Diamond Crystal fine kosher salt
- 90 grams (½ cup) mini chocolate chips
- 90 grams (1 cup) unsweetened shredded coconut, finely ground in a mini food processor
- 75 grams (½ cup) toffee bits
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and the sugars. Add the vanilla extract and mix it in, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the flour and salt, and mix the dough until it is crumbly.
- Dump in the mini chocolate chips, shredded coconut, and Skor bits, and mix on low (you can finish the mixing by kneading the dough on the counter if need be).
- Split the dough in two, and flatten each half into a disk. Wrap and chill them for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Working with one disk of cookie dough at a time, roll it to about ¼ inch thick. If it cracks, just press it back together. Cut with snowflake or star cookie cutters and transfer to the baking sheet. Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes, or until the edges begin to turn golden brown. Let cool 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- I baked these with Hershey's CHIPITS mini chocolate chips and Hershey's CHIPITS Skor toffee bits
Hershey's CHIPITS offered me financial compensation to develop a recipe with their line of chocolate & flavoured chips. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new recipes for Kitchen Heals Soul. As always, please know that I wouldn’t work with a sponsor nor recommend a product if it wasn’t worth it.
Maggie C says
My all time favourite flavour is the Pure Semi-Sweet Mint Chocolate one! Delish!
Maggie C says
Thank you for the chance and the recipe! Your pictures are so pretty!
Margaret Pearson says
Love, love chocolate every time
i mostly use the milk chocolate Chipits - sometimes the butterscotch Chipits - they are all awesome! mostly i bake cookies but they are so versatile!
Brenda Penton says
My favourite are the milk chocolate Chipits. I like to make oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies. Our family's favourite!
LJ Stubbs says
Pure semi-sweet chocolate is the choice for me, because chocolate chip cookies are my go-to cookie, every time.
Love you pictures and the recipe looks greta - definitely drool-worthy. I love the regular chipits, but particularly the minis.
I meant great.
My favourites are the semi-sweet chocolate chips and I make everything with them, but most notably chocolate chip scones.
Mmmm cookies! I like the milk chocolate chipits!
My favourite Chipits flavour would be the semi-sweet chocolate chips and I like to make chocolate chip cookies with them.
Karla Sceviour says
The milk chocolate chipits are my fav,,yumm! I make chewy chocolate chip cookies with them,,so good!
I like baking chocolate chip cookies with the semi-sweet chips!
I love the semi-sweet chocolate chips because I can make my famous chocolate chip cookies!
Miranda @ Cookie Dough & Oven Mitt says
I like the skor toffee bits chipits! 😀
Josh S says
I really like the milk chocolate Chipits, They are so good in cookies.
My favourite are the peanut butter Chipits (peanut butter always wins everything because yum). I love to put them in dark chocolate peanut butter cookies. Or just eat a handful right out of the bag 🙂
I love the Skor bits! I sometimes sneak handfuls from my pantry as a snack!
Gimme some skor bits!!
Katrina Brady says
My favorite are the butterscotch chipits and use them to make supreme butterscotch cookies
Cassey C says
My favourite is the semi-sweet chocolate chips and I would use it to make cookies
My favourite is semi-sweet chocolate used to make hello dollies.
roger simmons says
Semi Sweet and Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
Meg @ Sweet Twist says
I love the skor bits... I put them in everything cookies, Apple cake.. Such a good addition to any dessert really.
My fave is the regular milk chocolate for chocolate chip cookies
My favourite flavour is the milk chocolate Chipits