These s'more bars (no fire required!) have a graham cracker crust, which is topped with a layer of milk chocolate, and topped with mini marshmallows. The heat of the blind-baked crust turns the chocolate all melty and I then topped the bars with mini marshmallows and finished them on broil to puff the marshmallows and turn them golden brown. It's simple. It's satisfying.
For the graham cracker layer, feel free to use either store-bought or homemade graham crackers.
- 125 grams (1½ cups) graham cracker crumbs or the same weight of homemade graham crackers which you can ground to crumbs
- 70 grams (⅓ cup) unsalted butter melted
- 0.625 mL (⅛ teaspoon) Diamond Crystal fine kosher salt or more for a saltier crust
- 180 grams (⅓ lb) Hershey’s milk chocolate bars broken into little rectangles
- 100 grams (¼ lb) mini marshmallows this works out to 150–200 of them
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease the sides of an 8×8-inch square pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the crumbs and melted butter until the crumbs are all evenly moistened. Spread them in the prepared pan and press to create an even base.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and immediately top with a single layer of chocolate. Let stand for 3 minutes then spread the chocolate with a fork.
- Preheat the oven to broil. Top the bars with a layer of mini marshmallows and brown them in the oven on the top rack for a minute or two (keep your eye on them to avoid them catching fire!).
- Let the bars cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.